Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Linguini with Lemon-Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese

I love asparagus!  Really, I do.  As a child, my experience with it was limited to the canned stuff smothered in cheese.  I happen to be a fan of cheese, but canned asparagus is just unpleasant (think mouthful of snot).  So I was surprised when I had fresh asparagus for the first time as an adult.  Ever since then, I've been happily experimenting with any new recipe I come across.  I saw this liniguini recipe last week on CRAFTzine.com and knew we'd have to try it soon.  Bonus: asparagus is in season so it's fresh and cheap!


This was a really simple and delicious recipe.  The veggie prep included washing and cutting the asparagus and slicing shallots.  The citrus marinade took only a couple of minutes, mostly spent mincing garlic cloves.  I zested and juiced a lemon and mixed it in with olive oil, garlic, and dijon mustard along with some salt and pepper.  The marinated veggies roasted for seven minutes which was exactly the amount of time the pasta needed to cook.  Then we tossed it all together and topped it with goat cheese and parsley.  Yum!  And it was all done in less than thirty minutes (Suck it, Rachel Ray).  Download the recipe in PDF here.       

 Zack chopping veggies

cry face.  shallots ain't no joke.

citrus-y goodness

roasted veg

Ta-da!


No comments:

Post a Comment